Dear St. Patrick Families:
- Our annual Spelling Bee is scheduled for Fri., Jan. 12 at 8:15. You are welcome to spectate and cheer for the participants in grades 3-6. Please be sure to sign in at the office before heading to the gym.
- The St. Pat PTO Family Ice Skating Party is this Sunday, Jan. 14 at the Onalaska Omni Center from 2:50 to 4:50 p.m. Check-in will be in the hallway by the skate rental near Arena 2. The PTO has graciously paid all admission and skate rental fees for current students and their immediate families. The concession stand will be open for food and drink purchases.
- Please join us for an All-School Mass on Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 8:05. We welcome Fr. Robertson from St Leo’s Parish, who will celebrate Mass with the help of Mr. Leis’s class.
- Our monthly Children Feeding Children collection of nonperishable food items is next week. As always, participation is optional.
- St. Pat School is featured at the Onalaska Public Library Art Show during the month of January. Mrs. Linde has compiled a list of students whose work is on display, q.v.
- Please note we have two menu changes: On Thurs., 1/18 we will serve diced chicken, not turkey; on Fri., 1/26, we will serve pancakes, not waffle sticks.
- The annual Mardi Gras Ball will be Saturday, Feb. 3 from 4:30 to midnight at the AmericInn Hotel on Rose Street. There are plenty of school families and staff who attend, and there is always room for more.
- Tickets for the ball are $60.00 per person, but packages including other Mardi Gras events are also available. The deadline for ordering tickets is Sat., Jan. 20. You can find details on their website: http://www.lacrossemardigras.com/event-schedule/.
- As you may remember from the October newsletters, the mission of Coulee Region Mardi Gras is to support Aquinas Catholic Schools through tuition assistance and technology development.
- The Taste of Onalaska will be held on Saturday, Jan. 20 at Stoney Creek Inn from 5:00-11:00 p.m. Proceeds from this Casino Night fundraiser benefit the Claude Deck Grants offered through the Onalaska Education Foundation. Several of our teachers have been awarded grants, notably Mrs. Sutton and Mrs. Schelfhout for fine motor kits, Mrs. Haag and Mrs. Koblitz for the new adaptive chairs, and Mrs. Bottelberghe for the Dash and Dot robots. Tickets cost $30.00 each and are available for purchase in the school office. Winnings from the casino night earn chances to win prizes. Raffle tickets for the Golf Package at Blackwolf Run or Whistling Straits are also available at $25.00 each. A maximum of 100 raffle tickets will be sold.
- The Diocesan Office for Marriage and Family Life is sponsoring Teaching the Way of Love Webinar on Tues., Jan. 16 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George and the Diocese of La Crosse are offering retreats for girls at Mater Redemptorist House of Formation. Arise! A Come and See Day with the Sisters! will be held Sat., March 17 from 9:00 to 3:00. Details can be found in the flyer or on this website: http://materredemptoris.blogspot.com/p/childrens-come-and-see.html. The Sisters are also holding a retreat for high school aged girls Feb. 16-18, http://materredemptoris.blogspot.com/p/fall-high-school-come-see.html.
Coming Home This Week
Blessings on your day,